TransportiCA has available two internships, beginning in January, lasting however long your schedule desires, or academic institution permits. We are looking for Book Club and Career and Internship Directors to handle TransportiCA's monthly Book Club and contest, as well as, oversee general posting and email communications for career and internship opportunities.
Both positions are telecommuting - not requiring travel to TransportiCA's Sacramento headquarters, but do require participation in administrative webinars.
Book Club Director
Oversees Book Club main page, email and twitter feed; assist with monthly selections in accordance to selection and editorial policy; direct Book Club communications and administrative efforts; as well as, maintain relationships with authors, publishers and related Book Club partners.
Career & Internship Director
Oversees career and internship main pages, email and twitter feed; assist with respective postings in accordance to selection and editorial policy; as well as, maintain relationships with varying career and internship partners and institutions.
1) Though unpaid, we work closely with your academic institution for internship credit.
2) TransportiCA email account and staff listing.
3) Access and contributing to a growing news organization with a global audience.
4) Official TransportiCA press pass and business cards.
5) Professional understanding of a news organization, dedicated to sustainability and transportation, and introduced to our growing partnerships and opportunities beyond the internship.
We are not looking for someone with an illustrious professional background; this is an internship premised in fun, engagement and career growth, and we would be excited to see your understanding and experience with a news organization and sustainable transportation thrive in this position.
Applications are considered on an ongoing basis. Please send an email containing "TransportiCA Book Club [or] Career Director Internship" in the header, with your academic level and institution, relevant experience or education, and why you are interested in the internship in the body.
Further information about the internships and considerations can be sent to: careers[at]transportica.info.