This webinar was requested by the TRB Standing Committee on Maintenance and Operations Personnel. Participants must register in advance of the webinar, and there is a fee for non-TRB Sponsor or non-TRB Sustaining Affiliate employees. A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) will be provided to attendees who register and attend the webinar as an individual.
- Susan Gallagher, Montana State University Western Transportation Institute
- Stephanie Ivey, University of Memphis
- Thomas O'Brien, California State University, Long Beach, Southwest Transportation Workforce Center
- LaShanda Dawkins, Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority
- Steve Lavrenz, National Operations Center of Excellence
- Millennials and the transportation workforce
- Creating opportunities for women in the transportation workforce
- Language diversity challenges in the emerging transportation workforce
- Linking veterans credentials to transportation job qualifications
- Opportunities for professionals at the National Operations Center of Excellence
- Question and answer
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify the effects of demographic and technological changes occurring now and in the near future in the surface transportation maintenance and operations workforce
- Discuss what measures are necessary to adjust to the evolution in the workforce
- Identify what programs and policies are needed to recruit and retain a diverse, capable and highly flexible workforce.
There is no fee for employees of TRB Sponsors or TRB Sustaining Affiliates who register using their work email address. In addition to employees of TRB sponsor organizations, the following are eligible to receive complimentary webinar registration:
- TRB and National Academies employees;
- Chairs of TRB standing committees, sections, or groups;
- Members of the media;
- Employees of tribal governments; and
- Members of Congress or their staff.
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Professional Development Hour Information
A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) will be provided to Professional Engineers (PEs) who register and attend the webinar as an individual. For groups, only the person that registers and attends the session will receive a PDH certificate.
Individuals registered as Florida PEs are no longer required to email TRB with your license number to report your attendance. Instead, please use your certificate that TRB provides through RCEP.net as verification of your attendance to the Florida Board of Professional Engineers.
Please check with your licensing board to ensure that TRB webinar PDHs are approved by your board.
This webinar was developed in March 2016. TRB has met the standards and requirements of the Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP). Credit earned on completion of this program will be reported to RCEP by TRB. Certificates of Completion will be issued to individuals who register for and attend the entire webinar session. Complaints about registered providers may be sent to RCEP, 1015 15th Street, NW, 8th Floor, Washington, DC 20005. Website: www.RCEP.net.
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum at RGillum@nas.edu.