Participants must register in advance of the webinar, and there is a fee for non-TRB Sponsor or non-TRB Sustaining Affiliate employees. A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) will be provided to attendees who register and attend the webinar as an individual.
- Kay Fitzpatrick, Texas Transportation Institute
- Marcus Brewer, Texas Transportation Institute
- Paul Dorothy, Scientific Expert Analysis
- Overview of NCHRP
- Double left-turn lanes
- Effects of geometric characteristics on double left-turn lane operations
- Case studies on the design treatment for five design categories
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Understand the practical applications of research on designing intersection auxiliary lanes
- List the effects of geometric characteristics on double left-turn lane operations
- Understand common deceleration behavior to assist in the design of deceleration lanes for left turns at signalized intersections
- Understand potential changes to design guidance
There is no fee for employees of TRB Sponsors or TRB Sustaining Affiliates who register using their work email address. In addition to employees of TRB sponsor organizations, the following are eligible to receive complimentary webinar registration:
- TRB and National Academies employees;
- Chairs of TRB standing committees, sections, or groups;
- Members of the media;
- Employees of tribal governments; and
- Members of Congress or their staff.
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Professional Development Hour Information
A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) will be provided to Professional Engineers (PEs) who register and attend the webinar as an individual. For groups, only the person that registers and attends the session will receive a PDH certificate.
Individuals registered as Florida PEs are no longer required to email TRB with your license number to report your attendance. Instead, please use your certificate that TRB provides through RCEP.net as verification of your attendance to the Florida Board of Professional Engineers.
Please check with your licensing board to ensure that TRB webinar PDHs are approved by your board.
This webinar was developed in March 2016. TRB has met the standards and requirements of the Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP). Credit earned on completion of this program will be reported to RCEP by TRB. Certificates of Completion will be issued to individuals who register for and attend the entire webinar session. Complaints about registered providers may be sent to RCEP, 1015 15th Street, NW, 8th Floor, Washington, DC 20005. Website: www.RCEP.net.
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum at RGillum@nas.edu.
(Source: http://www.trb.org/main/blurbs/174737.aspx, http://www.trb.org/main/blurbs/171328.aspx)